Thursday, November 25, 2010

ArtTraveler discovers conceptual art installation across the street

You're looking at part of our main street or as you Brits say, high street called Estacion in Canillas de Albaida, Andalucia, Spain.

A few months earlier, Paco's gang busy in front of my casa after water main broke and flooded my downstairs. Chaos is the order of the day.
Two mornings ago shortly before 8 a.m., I heard repeated thudding of large objects striking concrete. I immediately imagined Paco and his public works crew preparing to dig up the street. Again.

Instead, I saw my neighbor blocking the street in ritual delivery of wood for his wood stove. He must anticipate a long, cold winter, since at least three cubic metres  was delivered.

Meanwile,  another neighbor white washed his home, ladder stretched deep into the one-way street (physically, only one car can pass) that invites numerous daily compromises as a two-way thoroughfare. Usually, it works.

But now it became a no-way thoroughfare.
 
I popped outside the door and shot this picture, which recalls the wonderous chaos of that morning. It might well appear as installation, conceptual art at the Tate Modern or National Gallery. I call it: Reserved for Winter.

Sometimes as an ArtTraveler, you don't need to travel far. Just open your eyes and imagine what you see.

Rock on and practice peace. To see ArtTraveler's videos: http://bit.ly/h1vruw

Stefan, the ArtTraveler(TM)

No comments:

Post a Comment