Thursday, January 6, 2011

ArtTraveler videos Three Kings procession in Canillas de Albaida

Religious processions, public demonstrations of faith and adherence to time-worn traditions, mark much of the Spanish character and village life throughout Spain.

Yesterday--5 January--is the day of the Three Kings, the day Spaniards exchange gifts and especially pile them on their children,

I heard the brass band, the Three Kings procession was coming my way. I dashed out my door just in time to video the procession as it passed along Calle Estacion.

Many processions start in the evening. This was no exception.

I share it with you via YouTube. Update: I filmed the 7 January fiesta above the village celebrating the birth of Christ and the sojourn of the Three Kings. It's short, funky and represents the carazon of the Spanish. See: YouTube.

Rock on and practice peace and love.                 All images by S. van Drake.

Stefan, the ArtTraveler(TM).


Father Christmas in Competa
Holy Week - Samana Santa -the start of a long procession throughout the village.





No comments:

Post a Comment